Monday, July 21, 2014

Update

I took last week off in an attempt to figure out the direction that I want to go with this blog. So far, I haven't had any breakthroughs, so suggestions are welcome.

In the meantime, here's an update on my plants:

My Micro-Tom tomatoes are doing very well. They're only about four inches tall, and they've already started flowering (I planted them the first weekend of June.). Each plant has about 10 flowers, so I might get 80 tomatoes total from my eight plants. I'll keep you posted.

I have a lot of little papaya sprouts- more than I want, so I'm in the process of giving them away. They're not growing as fast as I thought they would, but hopefully they'll start growing more since I transplanted them into larger pots. Their cotyledons (starter leaves) have started to shrivel, and I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen or not. The rest of the leaves seem healthy.

To my surprise, I have three coffee seeds starting to germinate. I wasn't expecting them to sprout, albeit very slowly, this soon. I'm really excited about this. The cotyledons are encased in the coffee bean at this point, and I don't know if they'll come out on their own or if I'll have to pull the coffee bean off.

My pineapple doesn't seem to be getting bigger. It's small compared to the pineapples you find in the grocery store. I'm hoping for a growth spurt.

My grapefruit tree is all of a sudden getting new leaves... not sure how that happened, but it's a pleasant surprise. Maybe the liquid seaweed I gave it a few weeks ago had a delayed effect. Maybe.

Have you tried growing any new plants, lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment